Back To Results
Kinsale : 64 Vs Bantry : 0
Munster Club U18 Conference 4 ...  Round 7 @ Snugmore, Kinsale RFC on Saturday 1 December 2018

Kinsale u18.5s were hosts for Bantry RFC in their final game of the Munster Club u18 Conference 4.Kinsale went into this game knowing that a win would guarantee at least a playoff for the Munster Cup, with result of the Ballincollig v Clonakilty game deciding if automatic qualification was secured. Bantry with one win to date had little to fight for.

Kinsale rotated their squad for the game but the determination was still there and it only took 2 minutes for the home team to cross the line with Darragh Mangan touching down. Up stepped Evan Wrenne who was returning from a spell on the side-lines, but his conversion attempt was not successful. Bantry restarted a put pressure on the Kinsale side but could not break them down. 9 minutes later and Evan Wrenne finished off a fine move down the left to put the hosts 10-0 up. Once again, he stepped up to take the conversion and kicked it between the posts. 5 minutes later and Cormac Hartnett crossed the line to make it 3 tries down Kinsale's left side in just over 15 minutes. Wrenne failed with his conversion attempt. 25 minutes into the game and Kinsale were awarded a scrum close to the halfway line. Cormac Hartnett broke off the scrum with the ball in hand and made good yardage into the Bantry half before offloading it to Faelan Stewart who finished off the move with a try under the posts. Calum Fennel kicked the conversion. Just before half time Faelan Stewart thought he had crossed the line on the left with the help of Cathal Quinn but the referee said it was held up and said the TMO also said it was held up when asked to go to the TMO by Paddy Desmond. From the 5-metre scrum, quick ball was passed out to Louis Murphy who touched down under the posts again. Calum Fennel was successful once again with the conversion. The referee blew for half time with the score 31-0.

Bantry regrouped at half time and started the second half well and began to put pressure on Kinsale.Kinsale however weathered the storm and began to mount their own attacks and were rewarded after 11 minutes as Dan Graham crossed the line after a good break. The conversion attempt was good by Calum Fennel, 38-0. 8 minutes later and Kinsale got their 7th try of the game as Jack Egan touched down after Kinsale formed a good maul from the line-out and pushed Bantry back over their own line. This time the conversion attempt went wide. 12 minutes later and Ethan Coughlan read the game very well and intercepted a move from Banty close to the half way line and broke through to score a try. Fennel converted once again from in front of the posts. Bantrys heads were well down at this stage and 3 minutes later and Darragh Mangan touched down for his second after a couple of well worked phases of play from another lineout. Fennel converted. Right from the restart Kinsalecaught the ball and a couple of quick offloads and forward running the ball was pass to Louis Murphy who ran through to cross the line for his second of the day. Another kick from in front of the posts, and another conversion for Fennel. Within a minute the final whistle blew. Kinsale had won 64-0. At least a playoff was secured.

Automatic qualification was secured as Ballincollig defeated Clonakilty.

Post-match Denis "Puppet" Collins happily stated "We used game to rotate squad. There were strong performances from the lads who came in. Some good continuity, solid set piece and strong defence. We look forward to the challenges ahead in the Munster Cup."